Pharmacy Education Unit
Pharmacy is a very dynamic field with ever evolving opportunities. Pharmacy education unit is a newly established unit within the College of Pharmacy that aims to develop future pharmacy scientists and leaders and keep them up to date with the changing practices in the profession. This unit serves to provide currently enrolled PharmD students and alumni from Alfaisal’s College of Pharmacy and other local colleges of pharmacy quality education and learning activities. The primary goal of these activities is to provide a much-needed support to both future and registered pharmacists by offering them learning and training opportunities that not only solidify existing knowledge but also expand the horizon of pharmacy professionals by sharing latest ground-breaking advances in every sector of the pharmacy profession. Another emerging endeavor of the unit is to promote the health and wellbeing of the community as a whole, a goal which would not be achievable without the valued involvement of our students, faculty, and staff.
This unit reports to Coordinator of Academic Affairs and College of Pharmacy Dean. The current organizational members of this unit are: Head - Dr Rakan Alanazi, Pharm.D., M.S Assistant - Dr Shaden Al Khatib, PharmD
An aspiring platform that aims to spread the knowledge on the latest advances in the pharmacy profession.
To provide students, faculty, and healthcare providers with continuous and interactive learning experiences via announcing, arranging, or facilitating educational activities, and training opportunities related to the pharmaceutical field.
- Assessing the college educational needs in line with the current educational standards.
- Monitoring the over plan and evaluate the proper conduct of any seminar, course, or workshop that would support faculty to develop their educational and mentoring abilities.
- Providing students, faculty, and healthcare providers with the latest development in pharmacy field.
- Motivating students and junior faculty to become the next generation leaders.
- Supporting faculty to improve and expand their professional capabilities in teaching, research, and community service.
- Enabling the student to appraise and understand the latest research in the pharmacy field.
- Improving students’ communication skills and confidence to interact with the public and other healthcare professionals.